Veterinary Specialist Care
5124 Greenwich Rd
Keith Kremer, DVM, DACVIM Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Internal medicine expertise for pets ph (757) 605-1610 / fax (757) 605-1612
Partnering with you, the primary care veterinarian, to enhance patient care in your hospital
Ultrasound plays a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of many patients with
complex or serious health issues, and patients are often referred to an internal medicine
specialist for their expertise in performing the procedure. Having worked in strictly referral practice for the past two decades in a variety of capacities, I have recognized that many patients can benefit from sonography and specialist evaluation performed on a mobile basis, making specialty care more accessible to clients, while improving the care provided in the primary care veterinarian's office. Not only does this keep the family vet more fully involved in the care of his or her patients, it helps broaden services provided by the clinic in an uncertain economy. The service also enhances the veterinarian-client bond, as well as fostering a collaborative working relationship between the referring vet and the specialist
Mobile appointments include a comprehensive consultation of the patient, including review and interpretation of previous diagnostics, as well the ultrasound itself being performed by a board-certified specialist with over 20 years of experience in sonography. Following the ultrasound, findings will be discussed in person with you as the primary care doctor, and recommendations made for continued care of the patient, all of which will also be printed in a written report during the visit. Ultrasound images will also be generated for the patient's medical record. Please note this is a consultation service for veterinarians, and that all client communication is handled through the referring veterinarian's practice.
To schedule a mobile case
- Complete a referral form and fax to 757-605-1612. You may download a form here.
- Please note that the vet office must schedule the mobile case, not the client.
- Have the owner drop off the pet (fasted) at your clinic on the morning of the ultrasound
- We will call your office the afternoon before the visit to confirm an approximate time of arrival (note this could change during the day and we will do our best to keep you updated of any changes)
- Obtain client consent for:
- Possible fine needle aspiration
- One or two assistants will be needed to help with restraint of the patient during the ultrasound - the scan usually takes 10 - 20 minutes. Any sedation will need to be provided through your office.
- A quiet, dark room with a suitable table will be needed (exam rooms and surgery suites often work well).
Common indications for mobile sonography
- Renal disease of unknown cause
SNYDER OXYGEN / ICU CAGE - SOLD
8 SHOR-LINE STAINLESS STEEL CAGES - SOLD
DOB ~2006. Excellent condition, used very little, no problems. Oxygen sensor replaced in 2014 and has not been used since then!
Overall size 46 3/4" W x 68 1/2" T x 27 1/2" D.
Top oxygen cage measures 29 3/4" T x 21 1/2" W x 26" D.
Bottom cage has removable divider and measures 45" W x 30" T x 26" D.
3 - 24 x 24 x 29
2 - 30 x 30 x 29
2 - 33T x 36W x 29D
1 - 30T x 24W x 29D
EKG - NIHON KODEN MODEL ECG-9130K
INCL 8 PACKS OF EKG PAPER
CART - STAINLESS STEEL 23 X 35 X 35
- THE PRICE LISTED IS THE MINIMUM OR MOST RECENT BID, WHICH WILL BE UPDATED BY 8AM AND 8PM EVERY DAY.
- TO BID ON AN ITEM, EMAIL YOUR OFFER TO: CLINIC@SPECIALISTVET.COM..
- THE BUYER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP THE ITEMS NO LATER THAN MARCH 28!
EQUIPMENT FOR SALE SOON. BIDS NOT YET ACCEPTED!
STAINLESS STEEL CART
HEMATA-STAT II CENTRIFUGE
AUTOCLAVE TUTTNAUER 2540M
SURGICAL LIGHTS - CENTRY & CENTURION
GAS STERILIZER ANPROLENE AN74i
FLOOR SCALE - REGAL 300
DISPOMED ANESTHESIA MACHINE. NO VAPORIZER OR SODA CANISTER.
DISPOMED ANESTHESIA MACHINE
XRAY GOWN, THYROID SHIELD, SAND BAGS, GLOVES, GOWN/GLOVE HOLDER
FLUID PUMP CAGE STAND
XRAY VIEW BOX - DOUBLE
XRAY VIEW BOX - SINGLE
STAT SPIN CENTRIFUGE
CART WITH PULLOUT SHELF
BEDSTAND - VERY HANDY ROLLING STAND!